About Me

My photo
I've taken a recent obsession with nails! I'm a server at a restaurant, where I am constantly pointing at menus and using my hands, so I began to get my nails done. A basic french manicure, although professional, began to bore me so I got fun designs like strips and polka dots. Unfortunately, the more complicated the design was the more complicated it was trying to describe what I wanted at the nail salon. So I have literally taken things into my own hands. In this blog, I'd like to explore different brands of nail polish/nail care and share different designs.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tribal Nails


These nails are for the experimental girl who loves a bit of an edgier look or for anyone who loves print nails like I do!!

ESTIMATED TIME: 1 1/2 hours

WHAT YOU NEED:
**from left to right** base coat (NailTek), gold nail polish (Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure's "Gilty Pleasure"), black nail striper (Kiss's black), black nail polish (Sally Hansen's "Black Out"), fast drying top coat (Seche Vite), dotting tool and/or small detail brush

STEPS:
1. Start off with your choice of your favorite base coat. Then paint your nails with two coats of a gold color (or any color you prefer). I really like Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure's "Gilty Pleasure" because it isn't a tacky gold color, in my opinion.

2. Use a black nail striper and create thick "X"s on your nail.

3. Again, take your black nail striper and create a "V" on the openings of the "X" you created.

start on the tip of your nail...

then the left side...

then at the bed of your nail...

then the right side...

4. Then use a dotting tool or detail brush to fill in the side "V"s with black nail polish, making triangles. You can have fun with it and alternate the "V"s you fill in on each nail, or keep them all the same.

I alternated them!

5. Now take your dotting tool and some black nail polish, and create a black dot in the "V"s you did not fill in.

6. Clean off your dotting tool, then take your gold nail polish and create a gold dot in the center of the black triangles you filled in.

7. Once you have filled in all of the dots to your design, apply 2 coats of a fast drying top coat.

8. And you're done!!

I hope you liked this design!

No comments:

Post a Comment