About Me

My photo
I've taken a recent obsession with nails! I'm a server at a restaurant, where I am constantly pointing at menus and using my hands, so I began to get my nails done. A basic french manicure, although professional, began to bore me so I got fun designs like strips and polka dots. Unfortunately, the more complicated the design was the more complicated it was trying to describe what I wanted at the nail salon. So I have literally taken things into my own hands. In this blog, I'd like to explore different brands of nail polish/nail care and share different designs.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Animal Prints Week 1: Cheetah

This colorful, fun, and daring design is my own personal expression of the cheetah print! Take it as an ode to Lisa Frank. See how simple it is to create in the steps below!

WHAT YOU NEED:

basecoat (NailTek), white polish (China Glaze's "Snow"), rainbow colored glitter top coat (Sally Hansen's "Disco Ball"), hot pink polish ( Color Club's "Poptastic"), orange polish (Sinful Colors' "Big Daddy"), yellow polish (Sally Hansen's "Mellow Yellow"), light blue polish (Sally Hansen's "Blue Me Away"), purple polish (Sinful Colors' "Dream On"), black polish (Color Club's "Where's the Soiree"), fast drying top coat (Seche Vite), medium and small sized dotting tool  

ESTIMATED TIME: 1 hour

STEPS:
1. Start off painting your nails with a basecoat to protect your natural nails. Then paint your nails with two coats of a white polish, like China Glaze's "Snow". Optional: After painting your nails white, you can also paint your nails with a disco shimmer top coat like Sally Hansen's "Disco Ball".

2. Use a sheet protector, like I did, or an index card to blot your hot pink nail polish.

3. Grab your medium-sized dotting tool, and create one random dot of this color per nail.

4. Repeat step 3 with...
orange 

yellow

blue

and purple

5. Now take your black polish and blot a small circle of polish.

6. Grab your small sized dotting tool and create these symbols, ( ) --> ( . --> ( --> O ,around the random dots. Be creative! It does not need to be perfect!

7. As you can see in the previous picture, in step 6, there are some empty spaces of white on your nail. Fill in these spaces with random black dots, using your dotting tool. Try to make the black dots different sizes.

8. Once you have filled in the empty spaces, dry your nails for about 2-3 minutes, then apply your fast drying top coat.

9. Let your nails dry and your done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment